Peace! His Holiness Pope Francis has accepted the resignation of His Grace Archbishop Matthias Nketsiah of Cape Coast and has appointed His Grace Most Rev. Charles Palmer-Buckle as the new Archbishop of the Archdiocese of Cape Coast.
The news was released in a Press Communique from the Apostolic Nunciature by His Excellency Most Rev. Jean Marie Speich, the Apostolic Nuncio on Friday, 11th May 2018 and announced at the National Catholic Secretariat by Very Rev. Fr. Lazarus Anondee, the Secretary General. The official Press Communique is attached below.
This announcement is to be made by the priest himself in all parishes/churches throughout the entire Archdiocese of Accra tomorrow, Sunday, 13th May 2018 at all Masses.
Let us pray for Archbishop Charles Palmer-Buckle. Let us pray for the Catholic Archdiocese of Accra. May God bless us and guide us in the days ahead. Amen.
Fr. Anthony Agnes ADU-MENSAH,
Arise Catholic Faithful rejoice and renew
Peace! Following their ordination to the Holy Priesthood for Catholic Archdiocese of Accra on 26th August 2017, the Archbishop has appointed as follows:
1. Rev. Fr. Emmanuel Darfour APPAH – Assistant Priest, Christ the King Catholic Church, Cantonments
2. Rev. Fr. Emmanuel KWOFIE – Assistant Priest, St. Dominic Savio Catholic Church, Afienya
3. Rev. Fr. Dodji Kossi GADESSODJI – Assistant Priest, Holy Family Catholic Church, Mataheko
4. Rev. Fr. Eric Senam Kofi ASAGBA – Assistant Priest, St. John the Evangelist Catholic Church, Adenta
5. Rev. Fr. Albert Apewe AMONZEM, Assistant Priest, St. Mary Catholic Church, Koluedor
6. Rev. Fr. Bright John Elorm FUMEY – Assistant Priest, Ss. Thomas More & John Fisher Catholic Church, Achimota
7. Rev. Fr. Donatus PALLU – Assistant Priest, St. John the Baptist Catholic Church, Odorkor
The Appointments are effective November 01, 2017.
We congratulate our brothers on their First Appointments and wish them the guidance of the Holy Spirit in their pastoral ministry. May Mary our Mother and Patroness of our Archdiocese also intercede for them. Amen.
Arise Catholic Faithful…Rejoice & Renew
CIBT SOON TO OFFER BSc. PHYSICIAN ASSISTANTSHIP
The Catholic Institute of Business and Technology (CIBT) will soon begin admissions for BSc. Physician Assistantship. The new programme will be affiliated to the University of Cape Coast (UCC). Watch out for admission forms soon.
Meanwhile, there are admission forms ready for the ff. Programmes:
(NB: Admission forms cost only GHC 50)
- BSc. in Business Administration (Univ. of Ghana)
- BSc. in Public Administration (Univ. of Ghana)
- BSc. in Computer Science (Univ. of Ghana)
- B.A. in Religious Studies and Church Administration (Univ. of Ghana)
- BSc. in Information Technology (KNUST)
- MBA in Global Entrepreneurship (Cath. Univ. of Sacred Heart, Milan, Italy)
Get Admission Forms from the CIBT Administration Block (located behind Ministry of Information and Adjacent to the GNAT Hall, Adabraka – Accra). You can also download the forms from our website www.cibt.ghana.net
For any further information
Call: 0208241315 / 0205 4955 89 / 0307-033-547.
ANNOUNCEMENT IN VIEW OF GHANA’S 60TH INDEPENDENCE ANNIVERSARY AND 40TH ANNIVERSARY OF DIPLOMATIC RELATIONS BETWEEN THE HOLY SEE AND THE REPUBLIC OF GHANA.
From the Chancery Office of the Catholic Archdiocese of Accra:
IN PRAYERFUL SUPPORT AND SPIRITUAL PREPARATION FOR THE CELEBRATION OF THE 60TH ANNIVERSARY OF GHANA?S INDEPENDENCE WHICH FALLS ON MONDAY, MARCH 06, 2017, AND IN COMMEMORATION AND CELEBRATION OF THE 60TH ANNIVERSARY OF THE CONSECRATION OF GHANA TO THE MOST SACRED HEART OF JESUS WHICH TOOK PLACE IN MARCH 03, 1957, AT THE HOLY SPIRIT CATHEDRAL, ACCRA, THE METROPOLITAN ARCHBISHOP OF ACCRA HAS DIRECTED THAT PARISHES AND RECTORATES IN THE ARCHDIOCSE OF ACCRA OBSERVE:
1. NOVENA TO THE MOST SACRED HEART OF JESUS AND THE IMMACULATE HEART OF MARY FROM THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 25 TO FRIDAY, MARCH 03, 2017.
2. OBSERVATION OF FIRST FRIDAY DEVOTION TO THE MOST SACRED HEART OF JESUS ON FRIDAY, MARCH 03, 2017 (WITH ALL-DAY EXPOSITION OF THE BLESSED SACRAMENT IN PARISH/RECTORATE CHAPELS).
3. CELEBRATION OF FIRST SATURDAY DEVOTION AND HOLY MASS IN HONOUR OF THE IMMACULATE HEART OF MARY, MOTHER OF CHRIST IN THE MORNING IN VARIOUS PARISHES AND RECTORATES ON SATURDAY, MARCH 04, 2017.
4. AND IN PLACE OF MASSES AND DEVOTION AT THE SIX ARCHDIOCESAN MARIAN SHRINES AND GROTTOES ON SATURDAY, MARCH 04, 2017, THERE WILL BE HOLY ROSARY PROCESSIONS FROM SPECIFIC POINTS IN THE ACCRA METROPOLIS (YET TO BE INDICATED) TO THE HOLY SPIRIT CATHEDRAL FROM 14.00 TO 16.00 GMT, TO BE CLIMAXED WITH
5. THE RE-CONSECRATION OF GHANA TO THE MOST SACRED HEART OF JESUS IN AN ECUMENICAL AND INTER-FAITH PRAYER SERVICE (FIRST LENTEN VESPERS) AT THE HOLY SPIRIT CATHEDRAL, ACCRA, ON SATURDAY, MARCH 04, 2017 FROM 17.00 TO 18:30 GMT TO BE PRESIDED OVER BY THE APOSTOLIC NUNCIO AND THE PRESIDENT OF THE GHANA CATHOLIC BISHOPS? CONFERENCE TOGETHER WITH OTHER BISHOPS WITH THE PARTICIPATION OF OTHER DIGNATARIES.
6. ON SUNDAY, MARCH 05, 2017, THERE WILL BE HOLY MASS OF THANKSGIVING FOR BOTH THE 40TH ANNIVERSARY OF DIPLOMATIC RELATIONS BETWEEN GHANA AND THE HOLY SEE (VATICAN CITY) AND THE 60TH ANNIVERARY OF GHANA?S INDEPENDENCE AT THE HOLY SPIRIT CATHEDRAL, ACCRA.
The Metropolitan Archbishop of Accra encourages all to participate in these spiritual exercises and celebrations as our prayerful contribution to God in thanksgiving for the 40th Anniversary of the Apostolic Nunciature and for the 60th of Ghana?s Independence.
Further directives will be given in due course.
Given on Saturday, February 04, 2017 to be announced at the Grottoes and in the Parishes/Rectorates and Religious Houses today and tomorrow, Sunday, February 05, 2017 and thereafter.
Rev. Fr. Anthony Agnes ADU-MENSAH,
Secretary and Chancellor,
Catholic Archdiocese of Accra.
Dear ACLR members,
ACLR153 WEBSITE RELAUNCH
After a long period of inactivity, we are pleased to inform you that the Accra Catholic Leadership Roundtable (ACLR) website has been ‘resurrected’. After long inaction and with the dissipation of the high hopes and expectations that we all had when His Grace Archbishop Charles G. Palmer Buckle, the Metropolitan Archbishop of Accra launched the ACLR, we are happy to relaunch the site with new and exciting prospects that we hope will enkindle your fervent desire to be of service not only to the Catholic Archdiocese of Accra but also to the entire Ghana Catholic Bishops Conference (GCBC) and mother Ghana.
Please visit the website www.aclr153.com to find out what’s new and sign up as a member and to receive our newsletters.
ACLR is ready to engage your expertise to be service to the Church and to Ghana.
(WHAT IS NEW?)
In response to Pope Francis’ Climate Encyclical ‘Laudato Si’ of 2015, the GCBC is inviting inputs as to how the Church in Ghana can effectively engage in the national efforts to take care of our God-given environment. Feel free to send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with your inputs.
The GCBC is also seeking ways to enable its Component parts, Parishes, Out stations, Seminaries, Schools, Hospitals, Charity homes and the like to make use of solar energy, which is more environmentally friendly.
At the same time, Caritas Ghana (the Charity Organization of the GCBC and member of the global Caritas Confederation) is preparing to launch an E-waste collection and recycling venture. This will involve the safe collection, packaging and transportation of initially and end of life cycle mobile phone batteries and old mobile phones. Details will be communicated to you later. Can we please remind ourselves how we disposed of our last mobile phone battery when it went dead?
These are two prospective engagements that we hope will enkindle your desire to be of service to the Church according to the gifts given you. See JOHN 21:1-14
The new features on the relaunched website are as follows;
- Daily devotion
- Bloggers Area
- ACLR Network
- News archive
- Social media links (Facebook and twitter)
The ‘‘Bloggers area’’ will soon be opened to the various professional guilds to share issues of interest from their areas of work. We hope you start getting your write-ups ready.
New members are also invited.
Your questions, comments and suggestions on the relaunched website and on the ACLR’S activities are most welcome. You can send your feedback via e-mail to: email@example.com or call 0541 73 90 94
‘‘Arise Catholic faithful…Rejoice and Renew’’
Peace! The family of the late Mr. Thomas Kingsley Acheampong , father of Rev. Fr. Fred Agyeman, announces the funeral and burial arrangements of their beloved as follows:
There will be NO WAKE-KEEPING.
On Saturday, 4th JUNE, 2016 at 4:00 am, the body will be laid in state in his residence at Taifa near the Pentecost church.
FUNERAL MASS: From the residence, the body will be conveyed to the SS. Thomas More and John Fisher Catholic Church (St. John Fisher Catholic Church) in Achimota at 7:00 am
After the reading of tributes, the Mass will begin at 9:00 am
BURIAL AND FINAL FUNERAL RITES
Interment will be at Achimota Cemetery, then back to the St John Fisher church grounds for the final funeral rites.
MEMORIAL AND THANKSGIVING MASS
Sunday 5th JUNE, 2016 at the 9:30 am Mass there will be Thanksgiving . Thereafter family and friends will gather at the Church premises (St. John Fisher Catholic Church at Achimota).
Please let us continue to pray for the soul of the deceased and for the bereaved family at our Masses.
CATHOLIC ARCHDIOCESE OF ACCRA
MISSION SECURITY SERVICES (MSS)
The Board and Management of MISSION SECURITY wish to thank the Metropolitan Archbishop of the Accra, Most Rev. Charles G. Palmer-Buckle, for his continuous support which has brought us this far. The Board and Management wish further to inform its clients, prospective clients and the general public that due process to receive certification from the relevant authorities is at an advance stage and that sooner than later Mission Security shall begin operations at full swing. Our clients, prospective clients and the general public are therefore to note the following:
- That scrutiny of employees (Guards) shall include a guarantee from their respective Parish Pastoral Councils (P.P.C).
- There shall be due diligence on prospective employees (Guards) to avoid recruiting criminals.
- To assure all and sundry that we would live up to the tenets of Catholicism, viz. dignity, equal opportunity and integrity, to mention a few.
- That we are passionate about helping you build the security you will need on all fronts to prevent criminals’ attempts that will hamper your peace and safety.
- That in our world you always come first in the scheme of affairs. That is why our services will be tailored to meet your every need from strategic to normal security services.
- Whatever your dreams and aspirations, we will partner you to build the security you have always desired.
- That employees (Guards) would be taken through Para Military training, will be well motivated to become a passionate staff that see our clients as themselves.
- We know our success depends on the happiness and satisfaction of our clients!!!
Advertisement towards recruitment of employees (Guards) would be published in the Catholic Standard and on Catholic Digest.
Rev. FR. Dominic AMEGASHITSI
Peace! The Archbishop, over the weekend, elevated St. George Catholic Church, Police Depot (Tesano) to a full Chaplaincy status; equivalent to a Parish.
St. George Chaplaincy thus becomes the 36th canonically erected “parish” in the Archdiocese. Though equivalent to a parish, due to its unique location, it will still be referred to as “Chaplaincy”.
Subsequently, the Archbishop has also installed Very Rev. Fr. George Arthur (ACP), as Chaplain with the full faculties of a Parish Priest.
Peace! We regret to announce the death of Mr. Thomas Acheampong which occurred this morning 14th April, 2016. He was the father of Rev. Fr. Fred Agyeman, a priest of this Archdiocese now working as Chaplain to the Ghanaian Community in the Archdiocese of New York, US. Burial and funeral arrangements will be announced later.
Meanwhile, let us offer Masses and our community prayers for the repose of the soul of the deceased and for the bereaved family.
Eternal rest grant unto him O Lord…and let perpetual light shine upon him. Amen
PENTECOST NOVENA 2016
THEME: YOU ARE COMMISSIONED TO GO AND BEAR LASTING
FRUITS BEING MERCIFUL AS THE FATHER
[JOHN 15:16 & LUKE 6:36]
“Others may have their wealth, may drink out of jewelled cups, be clad in silks, enjoy popular applause, have unlimited credit and find it impossible to exhaust their wealth by dissipating it in pleasures of all kinds; but our delight is to meditate on the law of the Lord day and night”-(St. Jerome)
Jesus tells us what the father wants, i.e. God wants us to bear much fruits and to be His disciples. God wants our lives to show forth His goodness and mercy (Luke 6:36), to bring lost souls back into the fold and to fill human society and cultures with the justice and beauty they need to flourish. Our desire therefore is to do something with our lives which is a gift from God.
Since He is the creator and we are created in His image and likeness, we too yearn to build, to contribute, to make a difference that will last not only in this life but into eternity. Amen.
Neither do I condemn you, go and sin no more.
Admonish the sinner. [John 8:11; John 5:14; Lev 20:10; CCC 2447].
| We pray this day that the Lord will grant us the grace to realise our own faults and limitations, ask for His mercy and forgiveness rather than condemning people for what they do. Take out the log in our own eyes, patronise the sacrament of reconciliation (this will enable us win souls and bear fruits)
|Forgive One Another
You should have had mercy on your fellow servant just as I had mercy on you. Forgive injuries and bear wrongs patiently.[Matt 18:33; Lk 6:36; CCC 2447]
|We pray that the Lord will grant us a heart of forgiveness so that we can also be merciful unto others just as the Father is merciful unto us.
“I punish my body and Control it, lest after preaching to others, I myself should be rejected”[1Cor.9:27; Matt 18:19]
|We pray today that the Lord will be merciful with us and deliver us from the danger of being condemned with others for same offences; at our workplaces, in our communities; in our country Ghana that through us others may rather be saved.
| Infilling of the Holy Spirit
By this my Father is glorified, that you will bear much fruits and so prove to be my disciple. [John 15:8; Matt 5:16].
|We pray this day for the awakening of the Holy Spirit in us who is the source of the fruits. That we shall live lives that are worthy of believers and thus earn the recognition of disciples.
| Commitment to the Lord
Abide in me and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruits of itself, except it abides in the vine. [John 15:4a; Ps 92:13-14; Is 40:31].
|We pray today for the spirit of commitment to our quiet time, bible studies, fellowships and above all the Holy Mass. That we shall stay connected always to God.
| Fruits of the Spirit
But the fruit of the spirit is love, joy, peace, long suffering, gentleness, goodness, faith….. [Gal 5:22; Gal 5:16-26]
|We pray today for total commitment to the spirit as against the flesh. This will enable us bear the desired fruits.
And the quality of each person’s work will be seen when the day of Christ exposes it; for on that day, fire will reveal everyone’s work, the fire will test it and show its real quality. [1 Cor 3:13; Heb 4:12-13; Matt 7:19].
|Pray for the spirit of endurance, to enable us pass the test of our faith in difficult times.
I say to you, unless a grain of wheat falls into the earth and dies, it remains alone but if it dies, it bears much fruits. [John 12:24; Matt 25:14-30; Lk 19:11-27]
|We pray for the spirit of sacrifice. Much sacrifice is needed on our part just as Christ did for us to enable us win souls for Christ and also stay connected to the Holy Spirit.
|Healing and Deliverance (Allnight)
And he cried out, “Jesus son of David, have mercy on me”. Praying for the sick. [Lk 18: 38; Matt 1;.CCC2447]
We pray today that the Lord Jesus will hear our cry and heal us from all known and unknown sicknesses. Also deliver us from all kinds of blindness and limitations so that we can see him, know him and witness him (bearing fruits).
…And I appointed you to go and bear fruit, fruit that will last, so that the Father will give you whatever you ask Him in my name…”
Have a fruitful Pentecost season!!!