Jubilee Of Mercy
JUBILEE OF MERCY PROGRAMME
THEME: PRAYING FOR A GRACE-FILLED JUBILEE YEAR OF MERCY
(a) Tuesday 8th December, 2015
- Focus on communion with the Holy Father, Pope Francis as he opens the Holy Year.
- Hour of Grace at the Holy Spirit Cathedral. Blessing and distribution of Candles of Mercy
- Mass of the Immaculate Conception and praying for a fruitful Holy Year in all Churches.
(b) Sunday 13th December, 2015.
- Focus on the Jubilee of Mercy throughout the Archdiocese of Accra
- Opening of the Holy Door at the Holy Spirit Cathedral, Adabraka. Declaration of the Jubilee Year of Mercy in all Parishes, Rectorates, Outstations, Religious Houses and Institutions in the Archdiocese.
THEME: MERCY FOR WORLD PEACE
(a) Friday, 1st January, 2016, Solemnity of Mary Mother of God.
- Focus on Mercy as Grace needed for World Peace
- Praying for World Peace at all Churches
- Saturday 2nd January, 2016.
- Focus on Opening of Jubilee of Mercy Shrines at the Grottoes and Pilgrimage Places.
- Ceremonies at various grottoes
(b) Monday, 25th January, 2016, Conversion of St.
- Focus on Mercy as Grace for Conversion.
- Praying for the Conversion of Hardened Sinners at all Churches.
THEME: MERCY FOR THE HELPLESS AND THE SICK
(a) Sunday, 31st January - Sunday, 7th February, 2016, Holy Childhood Week
- Focus on Mercy for Holy Childhood Week Celebration.
- Praying for all Children in our Churches on 2nd February.
- Deaneries to hold Children's Day to evangelize Children on Mercy onSaturday 6th February.
- Climax of Holy Childhood Celebration at Churches onSunday 7th February.
- Focus on Mercy to climax the Year of Consecrated Life.
- Day of Prayer and Retreat for all Religious Men and Women
(b) Wednesday, 10th February, 2016, (Ash Wednesday)
- Focus on Mercy for the Season of Lent
- Masses at all Churches and distribution of ashes.
(c) Thursday, 11th February, 2016, Our Lady of Lourdes
- Focus on Mercy for the Sick.
- Healing Service at all Churches
(d) Monday, 15th February - Friday, 19th February 2016
- Focus on Mercy for Ghana.
- Catholic Week of Fasting and Prayer for Peace in Ghana (National).
THEME: MERCY FREES FROM SLAVERY TO SIN
(a) Saturday, 5th March, 2016
- Focus on Mercy Walk
- Penitential Walk, Celebration of the Sacrament of Reconciliation and Pilgrimages to the Various Deanery Grottoes
(b) Sunday, 6th March, 2016, (Independence Day of Ghana)
- Focus on Mercy for our Country Ghana.
- Prayers for Ghana at all Churches
(c) Friday, 11th March - Saturday, 12th March, 2016
- Focus on “24 Hours for the Lord "
- Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament at all Churches
(d) Wednesday, 16th March, 2016
- Focus on Mercy for the Youth in the Youth Week.
24- Hour Adoration for the Youth at all Churches.
THEME: MERCY SOURCE OF EASTER JOYS
(a) Sunday, 3rd April, 2016, Divine Mercy Sunday
- Focus on Divine Mercy Devotion.
- Para-liturgical Celebration of Divine Mercy Devotion at all Churches (2pm - 3pm).
(b) Sunday, 10th April - Sunday, 17th April 2016, Vocation Week
- Focus on Mercy for Vocations.
Praying for genuine Vocations for the Church.
THEME: MERCY FOR WORKERS AND UNEMPLOYED
(a) Sunday, 1st May, 2016
- Focus on Mercy for Workers and Unemployed.
- Prayers for Workers and the Unemployed.
(b) Tuesday, 3rd May - Wednesday, 4th May 2016
- Focus on Mercy for Women in Preparation for Mother's Day Celebration on 8th May.
Special Retreat or Seminars for Women at all Churches
(c) Wednesday, 25th May - Saturday, 28th May 2016
- Focus on Mercy for the solemnity of the Body and Blood of Christ.
72 - Hour Adoration at all Churches.
THEME: MERCY FOR PRIESTS AND FATHERS
(a) Wednesday, 8th June, 2016
- Focus on Mercy for Priests.
- A Day of Prayer for all Priests Working in the Archdiocese at the Charismatic Renewal Centre at Kuntunse near Amasaman.
(b) Tuesday, 14th - Wednesday, 15th June 2016
- Focus on Mercy for Men in Preparation for Father's Day Celebration on 19th June.
Special Retreat or Seminars for Men at all Churches
THEME: ALONE WITH THE MERCY OF GOD
- Focus on Individual Encounter with the Mercy of God
- Personal Retreats and Group or Societal Retreats and Pilgrimages.
- Possible Pilgrimage for Accra Archdiocesan Pilgrims to Rome/ Holy Land and other Religious Sites of Interest.
THEME: MERCY FOR BROKEN MARRIAGES, WIDOWS AND WIDOWERS
(a) Thursday, 18th August, 2016 Memorial of St. Helena
- Focus on Mercy for Broken Marriages, Widows and Widowers
- Prayers for those who have suffered Broken Marriages, Widows and Widowers at all Churches.
THEME: MERCY FOR CATECHISTS AND LAITY
(a) Friday, 9th September, 2016 Memorial of St. Peter Claver (Patron Saint of the Archdiocese of Accra)
- Focus on Catechetical formation of the Laity in the Archdiocese of Accra
- Prayers for a fruitful Catechetical formation of the Laity.
THEME: MARY REFUGE OF SINNERS, MOTHER OF MERCY FOR EVANGELIZERS
(a) Friday, 7th October, 2016 Our Lady of the Rosary
- Focus on Mary Mother of Mercy.
- Marian Crusades at the Various Deaneries.
(b) Sunday, 16th October - Sunday, 23rd October, 2016, Mission Week
- Focus on National Day to Close the Year of Mercy at Tamale.
- Ghana Catholic Bishop’s Conference to lead us to pray for Mercy for the Church in Ghana.
- Focus on Mercy for the Religious and all those involved in the work of Evangelization.
Mission Week Celebrations and Prayers
THEME: MERCY FOR ALL THE FAITHFUL DEPARTED
(a) Wednesday 2nd November, 2016
- Focus on Mercy for all Departed Souls in our Families and Churches.
- Prayer for the Faithful Departed.
b)Sunday 13th November, 2016
- Focus on Climax of the Jubilee Year of Mercy.
- Closing of the Holy Door at the Holy Spirit Cathedral
- Climax of the Jubilee Year in all Parishes, Rectorates, Outstations, Religious Houses and Institutions in the Archdiocese of Accra.
NB: 1. The Divine Mercy Devotion at the 3 O' Clock hour should be proposed to all Catholics as Spiritual Exercise throughout the Jubilee Year
- Each Deanery is to organize their Parishes and Churches for some form of Corporal Works of Mercy throughout the Jubilee.